Roll over image to zoom in
- Fully licensed by Swiss Arms with laser engraved trademarks
- Heavy duty metal alloy receiver assembly with metal barrel assembly
- Lightweight polymer furniture (pistol grip, stock)
- Adjustable length of pull M4 style tactical stock
- CNC aluminum quad rail handguard for mounting tactical accessories
- Full length Picatinny rail for optics
- Ambidextrous fire selector (safe / semi / auto)
- Tokyo Marui compatible Ver3 metal gearbox
- Rotary style hopup
SG an abbreviation for Sturmgewehr which translates to "assault rifle" is the designation given to the new rifle being developed for the Swiss Army as a modern, modular combat rifle that can be configured and deployed for numerous roles.
The SG556 is the latest iteration of the SG55x line of infantry rifles. The SG556 shares many of the same features and ergonomics as its original 550/551/552/553 predecessors. The most notable update to this weapons platform is the ability to accept the very common and widely available M4 / M16 compatible STANAG magazines with an M4 / M16 style button magazine release. Further updates include an M4 style buffer tube along with an M4 style adjustable length of pull butt stock to replace the side folding single position "classic" stock. Additional enhancements include a CNC machined aluminum quad rail handguard for easy installation of tactical components such as grips, lights, and laser systems.
Manufacturer: Cybergun (Swiss Arms Licensed)
Model (Type): SBR